Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Exposure instructions please

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One more thing, I have no idea on what the shutter speed of my camera is. 1/30??

  2. #12
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Doubling the frame rate is a good start. But probably add another bit to that.

    So if you are shooting at 16FPS, I would GUESS it's 1/40th.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    F 5.6 is good too..guess I'm getting too used to the slightly faster Kodachrome 64 and Ektachrome 100 from my slide taking!!!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Corey D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I shot the scene a few months ago. Tomorrow, I'm going to shoot another dream sequence. I'm using the same camera and the same film. I'm shooting in a bathroom. So I'm thinking maybe I'll use one 650watt light aimed at the ceiling and the camera at f3.5. If that's not enough light, I have 2 650watts.

    I'd appreciate any help,
    Corey

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I can say is you are a brave individual for shooting two completely different scenes months apart on the same cartridge of film.

    I would be dying to know how the first shot came out and would have already finished the first cartridge and probably already sent it in by now.

    I say probably because I have a bunch of film I have yet to have processed. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    I think f-4.0 is probably a safe haven. But I'm not sure if any of us should be saying definitely shoot at this f-stop or that f-stop unless you could provide a picture of the bathroom that includes the ceiling to the floor, no easy task.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Corey D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I can say is you are a brave individual for shooting two completely different scenes months apart on the same cartridge of film.
    I would be dying to know how the first shot came out and would have already finished the first cartridge and probably already sent it in by now.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant that I'm shooting the same type of film. I would be already dead if I had to wait that long for my film. It's being transferred to MiniDV right now.

    I'll try to get a picture of the bathroom soon.

    Thanks!
    Corey

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Corey D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here it is -

    bathroomcopy

    I had to run all the way to stage 12 to take this pic! Just kidding, this is my bathroom. Oh, the things it has seen.

    Anyway, I took the picture without the 650w light. And this is the general area that most of the action will be taking place.

    I used photostitch to put 3 different pictures into one, so that's what those blurry areas are from.

    Thanks
    Corey

  8. #18
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The mark of a finisher! Ask for a picture, and Corey DELIVERS. (Is that what the d stands for?)

    I'm going to go out on a limb because I don't know what your scene entails and say just go with the lights already in the bathroom.

    Unless I'm being fooled by a picture that is showing the room brighter than it ever is, I think you have plenty of light that will soften from bouncing around the walls and ceiling, and this also ensures less hassles with seeing lights and light stands in all those mirrors.

    Shoot as is!

  9. #19
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Darn, the picture is gone.

    What did you decide to do?

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd lean between F. 8 or 11 depending on how much sunlight is present.

    Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •